Monday 15 February 2021

From the Writing Cave: New Title, New Cover Art, and Other New Updates | YAY ME!

 

I can't even give a proper introduction today. I'm just too excited! Peeps, I mentioned how I planned to retitle my book "Anerathian Princess" and how I was working on editing and cover art, etc. Oh my goodness, I can finally share this with you! I am going to let you see both the title and the new cover art, immediately. I'm not going to make you scroll. *Laughs excitedly*

So, what do you think? I am in love with the cover. Yes, there is the artist's watermark on it, but I'm okay with that. I think it looks like an award stamp or something cool like that. Also, it's a cover for Wattpad. I'm not planning to use it for publication. If I get there. I do have the book enrolled in Wattpad's "get me noticed" system (that's not the name, I just can't think of it at the moment). So, if the book were to get "picked up" for "Wattpad Books" I will be so happy.

In other news regarding this book, I've started the rewrite edit. I'm working on "Chapter One" and I am deciding if I want to give each chapter a title, or if I will just label it with the number.

My first chapter does not suck, but I did notice certain details that should have been brought up within the first chapter, rather than later in the book. If it was brought up at all. I think I might do a third, full read-through because I want to grab some more notes. I have also reached out to my Wattpad readers about helping me find the big picture stuff. Hopefully, I will get some people interested in helping me.

Furthermore, this book has 61 chapters! I'm thinking there has to be a way that I can condense that number, without cutting out too much of the story. I do see some subplots that I could, or should, take out and keep for the next Æmienix book ... yes, there is still the plan to add more books to the series. But this time, I won't "pants" the storylines. They will definitely follow the same characters. However, and this is a spoiler, it is going to follow two timelines. The past and the present. I do have notes for the second book and all the ideas I have for that plot. Really glad I went with a "plan" ... something of a plan.

Have I mentioned everything I wanted to share with you ... I think so, but either way there is more to come with "The Queen's Host" ... I really like reading this new title ... I will be sharing more posts about my rewrite process and I think I will share some more character profiles. I haven't done that for this book in a while.

Thank you so much for dropping by. I hope you're staying safe and healthy. Please, never let anyone tell you that you are not awesome because you are awesome. See you in the funny papers!

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! ... a day late, but still!

No comments:

Post a Comment