Thursday 4 February 2021

From the Writing Cave: Editing Anerathian Princess

Mood: Decided
Song of the Day: Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute

Hey-o! Well, this post has been long in the making. After giving it much thought, and finding an amazing artist to give the cover a face-lift, I have decided to change the title of my fantasy novel, 
Anerathian Princess. This decision has come and gone many times in the last year. I feel strongly about editing the book. I just want to clean it up and fix some of the visible plot holes, as well as clean up my first chapter.
One of the reviews I received for the book had to do with the slow pacing in the first chapter. While it did have a slight hook, I know I can do better now.
I'm playing around with three (3) new titles right now. It is my hope that I can choose one within the next few days. This way I can send it to the cover artist and have the new art ready. It's a pre-made cover that many people have set their eyes on already, but I'm dropping my name in the bucket anyway. Because it would be really great to update this book.

Another reason I want to get this book cleaned up is that I have the "Daughters of Aleia" book outlined. A single book, not multiple. I have found a way to write the stories as one by following each POV. This will also allow me to make the book shorter than the length I was planning to make the entire set of books. It was going to be four books which I now know will not happen. I would be taking on a load too large to handle.
I might be a queen when it comes to multitasking, but I know when my plate is full and when to chew slowly.

This is all I have for now. I just wanted to make this announcement and share these plans with you. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment