Monday 27 April 2020

I TOTALLY LIED TO YOU!


Mood: Goofy, Surprised
Song of the Day: Say Love by JoJo

Hi everyone, and welcome back to my blog. I hope you're doing well during these crazy times. Before you jump to conclusions, no! The title of this post was not click-bait. Here's the irony, I lied to myself as well. What am I talking about? Let's find out together.

THE LIE: My new pirate story is a stand-alone.
The only thing making this a lie is the fact it was true when I originally wrote my previous post concerning my new "co-written" book, Captain, Darling. However, I got a little carried away writing a particular chapter/scene over the weekend. The plan was to have a short "prologue" section with three (3) POVs to introduce the main plot. When I say I got "carried away", I meant 4,000 words carried away.

The character I was writing is not really in the main story at all. This character was only supposed to be mentioned in a passing memory. But no. This character just won't keep quiet. Apparently, there is a lot more to him than I was thinking. So, I have come to the conclusion he needs his own, separate story from the main one. Just so I can get him out of my head. The other thing about this character is the connection between him and  . . . not necessarily Captain Hart, the Darling. But with a different character. Who could that be? You'll have to wait to read and find out.

I plan to post this short "prequel" in the coming weeks, as soon as I have finished it. Which will be, surprisingly, soon. I have a title. I have a temporary Wattpad cover. And I am sharing both of those with you right now. Scroll!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The Soiled Cloth

Well, what do you think? I know. What the heck is the deal with a "soiled cloth"? You're gonna find out.
I'll make sure to update you when the book is live on Wattpad. I genuinely cannot contain my excitement about this.

Small detail about this story: My bbf (boy best friend) does not know I branched out into this short story. I think I mentioned it to him but as predicted, he's mostly there for brainstorming. I'm doing all the writing. But I do not mind at all. Because he really is putting in the effort to help me brainstorm and think about what the ultimate goal for the book is.

Well, that's all for today's post. I hope you are well and staying healthy; physically and mentally. Stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!
Visit my main website for all my books and details!

No comments:

Post a Comment