Monday 20 April 2020

What's New: A New Adventure Story Based on a Roleplay


Mood: Inspired
Song of the Day: Toss a Coin to your Witcher (been re-watching The Witcher!)

Hello, again! How are you all doing? I hope you're staying safe. Tip from an islander: Vitamins A, D, and C help boost your immune system. You can get D from the sun!

Anyway, today's post is to get something amazing off my chest. Many of you may not know this, but my short story "The Captain and His Lady" is based on a short conversation with my best friend. Well, one of my best friends, but we won't go too deep into the topic. It was a short, goofy conversation involving fox shifters, dragons and a pirate captian. And, of course, friendship.

You're probably asking yourself, "How did a conversation become this fantasy short story?" My answer to you is simply that I find my writing inspiration in everything that surrounds me. I didn't expect the story to become anything, but it did and I'm pleased with it. I do wish to write a full-length novel of the short story, and I've already been outlining it, but this is not the main topic of today's post.

I want to share another conversation I had with this same best friend. Again, it involves pirates and fox shifters. We both love the animal, so naturally its the first animal we think of. Our conversation was mostly a roleplay. This is the only friend I will ever truly roleplay with. Anyway, our OCs were arguing on a rooftop when we broke off topic and thought it would be cool to write a book together based on the roleplay we were having.

Of course, as a very creative person, my gears started turning. I don't know that we would actually write it together. I mean, I might do the majority of the writing because I'm the writer, and my friend is the one who likes to throw ideas around to see if they stick. Usually leaving me to wonder if we'll execute them or not.

Basically, what I am saying is to expect a new action/adventure novel from US. My friend and I. I'll be going over the previous roleplay to take notes. Of course, I'll probably be changing names and locations to avoid any issues.

My first brainstorm was pen-names. I thought it would be cool to have a single author name to represent the both of us. But after much consideration the morning after talking it over with my friend, it wouldn't be ideal. Especially when considering the genre the story would fall under. I will share more on this at a later date.

Thank you so much for dropping by. I hope you're enjoying lots of chocolate, I certainly am. Stay safe. Stay awesome. I'll see you in the funny papers!

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY NEW WEBSITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment