Monday 18 January 2021

From the Writing Cave: Breaking Word Count

 

Please Note: The events mentioned in this blog post were typed up the day they happened, and the post was scheduled for a later date because the author of this blog had to maintain her posting schedule. ... Yeah.


*Screams like a little girl winning a stuffed unicorn at Carnival* 

I broke 11k in TBotB today! 11k down, 39k to go. I'm writing this book out of order. Just thought I'd try out a few different methods and I am so shocked at the effect it has on my productivity.

The Re-Invented Plan:

Finish the first draft for the Xiphis Saga Book Two by mid-March. Take a small break before Camp NaNoWriMo starts in April and use Camp for rewrites. I hope to have the book done by June/July (just like I did with the first book). If I can accomplish this, I see myself getting the paperback proof for the first round of edits.

I know I should probably look into a pro editor, but I just don't have the green for it. I've been learning to self-edit. I think this will work just fine, considering I am not heading for full publication just yet. I know, I keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any less true. I've actually been thinking that maybe I will wait for all three (3) Xiphis books are completed and move forward from there. I do believe that once I have this series out of the way, I can think about all my other stories and plans.


Pretty Book Covers!

So, I am taking a huge risk when I share this information with you. But I've got a bucketload of cover art sitting in a file on my laptop. What is this art for; well, it's for the future of my Xiphis world? I am putting it like a question because at the time I am writing this post, I do have plans for future books in the Xiphis world. I've said it before. But I also have plans for other books that I haven't begun to outline yet.

That's all for now. I just wanted to shout to the rooftops about my word count. Ended up sharing a little more than I'd planned. But that's okay, I love sharing with my readers. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment