Monday 30 March 2020

Realization, Epiphany? What?!


Mood: Aha!
Song of the Day: Angel with a Shotgun, The Cab


Hello, my lovelies! How are you doing? Are you going insane from isolation? I send you virtual hugs. Allow me to explain something real quick: My last three posts were written and scheduled during the first week of March. Hell broke loose and I haven't thought to address this until now. Without further delay, let's get into today's post.

Major AHA moment yesterday (which is when I am writing this post). I watched a video on the Reedsy channel, conducted by the amazing Shailin (shailinwrites is her personal channel). She was talking about "series" and how to know when you've stretched your story too much, or when you've crammed everything into not enough books. A bell went off in my head and I have decided to share this detail with my blog readers.

I was originally planning to make the Xiphis Saga four books (with a possible prequel, but I haven't thought that one out at all). Looking at my outline now, I can actually make the entire story work with only 3. The book what would have been known as "Book Three" is actually not necessary. I don't need to make . . . a secret detail . . . the only subject in that book. I can fold the 3rd into the 4th and make them both "Book Three". Boom. Epiphany.
No, I will not elaborate on the "secret detail". It would be a huge spoiler for "Book Three". I wouldn't be able to sleep if I shared this information.

On another note, I'm 75% done with my read-through of The Bridge Between Worlds. My notes are blowing my mind. I truly did think I would just jump into Book 2 but now I'm on a mission.

In other writing news, while I am moving towards a second draft with TBBW, I am secretly outlining a short story for the Avatars Inc. sci-fi writing contest. Wattpad announced it last week and I have a story outline under my belt that would be perfect. I have plenty of time to write and polish 2,500-3,500 words. I think the idea is brilliant. I'm hoping I can execute it.

With all this inspiration swirling around in my head. I decided it was time to upgrade the Wattpad cover art. Here are my new covers for the Starship Trilogy.



I mean, right? Its only right. I've got more in the making, as well as a few that I requested from fellow Wattpad cover designers. Hopefully, they will be accepted or finished soon.

Anyway, I hope you're all staying safe during this tough time. I will be sharing more posts regarding editing TBBW in the next couple of weeks (because by the time this post has gone live, I will have finished reading/noting through my first draft!). Thank you for stopping by. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment