Friday 5 August 2022

From the Writing Cave: Going Rogue! | Author, E. S. Elias

 

Hello, readers! I know it's been a while, but I am trying to be better about my updates. Today's post is just some updates about where I've been and what I hope happens in the coming months.

Now, I did plan to try and finish the TALES FROM ANERATHIA collection, but I just haven't sat down to work on anything Anerathia-related in weeks. Believe me, I have my notebook out and open on the right pages. But my brain has been on my romance works for a bit.

(I just updated my romance blog, check it out!)

Anyway, yeah. My brain has not been on that. I'll tell ya what it was on (and no, not Camp NaNoWriMo. Sorry.) Little Women. I may not have been writing to keep up with Camp NaNo, but I definitely have been writing (little by little) and it's been coming along. My chapters are sporadic and unfinished. But I'm getting words down and I think that's what is important.

I recently opened my STARSHIPS folder and I haven't worked on the sequel in a while. Like not since before NaNoWriMo 2021. I feel terrible that I haven't finished these books because behind-the-scenes, I know what will happen in the finale and I know what the sequel does to introduce the new characters. And it is truly quite brilliant. Not to toot my own horn or anything.

If I can balance my genre bouncing, I do want to finish this trilogy. There are 2 planned spin-offs and I do have an idea for another short story. They are really just to give more information to the almost-apocalyptic world of 2105-beyond. I mean, aliens be walking among us and I haven't really built the backstory for them. Not really. I touch on the subject, but not enough for it to be important. (Spoiler, if you have not read the first book, MONTGOMERY) One of Ryan's love interests is biracial-mixed species. And readers only know this detail because it comes up in one conversation.

Now for some fun, good news. I've posted and have been updating my short "Mulan meets Pirates of the Caribbean" story, THE SOILED CLOTH. I talked about this story in an older post (like a few years ago, yikes) and I know I started to update this short story on Wattpad at one point but stopped when life took priority. And then I unpublished the book as I couldn't work on it for a while.

This book is a prequel/companion short story to my WIP "THE CAPTAIN'S DARLING". Yes, there's a slight title change from previous subject updates, but it's still a work in progress.

I think that is all I have for now. I am going to do my best to have another update this month, but for the moment I don't have much else going on. I hope this post finds you well. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment