Wednesday 17 August 2022

From the Writing Cave: I've Been Busy | Author, E. S. Elias

 

Hello, readers! This is a totally random post as I do not have very much to talk about when it comes to my fantasy/sci-fi writing. Actually, I do. And it might surprise you.
First of all, my golden readers, A.K.A. the readers who have been following me for a LONG TIME. You all know about my story, SPIRIT WARRIOR. I pulled up my folder with all my inspo images and stumbled onto the one picture (not pictured) I so badly adored. I loved it to the degree I wanted to approach the artist to see if they would let me buy rights from them. However, I never did this. I borrowed the image and used it as a "temporary" Wattpad cover. It remained that cover for so many years.
So, today (August 16th, 2022 - the day I wrote this post), I went back to the place I originally found the image and searched my butt off to find the artist. I found the artist, went to the page with the art, and wanted to cry. Apparently, I never took into account this artist could have already sold the art. No, it was a custom commission and it is the cover art for that author's book. Which was published in 2014, the same year I was fervently working on Spirit Warrior.
So, I changed my cover, after 8 years. Because I don't want to be an obstacle in someone's journey. I looked up the book on Amazon. It looks really good and I will definitely be getting a copy because I want to read it.

ALLURING STARLIGHT has slowed down. I've been writing the book out of order and that has helped it progress. But, I guess I need to do another brainstorming session with the outline. I know what I want to happen, I know how to get to those points. I'm just stuck with the transitions.
I am really pleased with the characters and how they've been introduced. I like the way Theo (the male MC) is developing. Of course, I knew he would be the easiest to work on because he is based on Laurie in Little Women and he's my favorite boy next door of all time. And the story is told through his eyes, third-person limited.

And finally, I did share, very recently, my surprise progress in my pirates' adventure romance, prequel. Which has allowed me to dive into the characters' minds and see them before the main story takes place.
THE SOILED CLOTH is special. I know, I say this about all my stories. It doesn't make it any less true. I am utilizing some hidden talents of mine in the knowledge I am using to write this story. With the Mulan meets Pirates of the Caribbean theme in place at the front of my mind, it's coming together like butter to toast. That's a weird way of putting it, but it works.

That's all I have for now. I hope to update you all again in a couple of weeks. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment