Friday 10 June 2022

From the Writing Cave: Little Women, but with Fantasy | Author, E. S. Elias

 

Hello, readers! That post title has to have caught your attention. So, I'll just cut to the chase. I'm writing a Little Women-inspired fantasy romance!

Little Women is my favorite classic story. I've written a few retellings, but those were under my other pen name. This retelling is, obviously, going to be a little different. 

I've decided to set the book in the Evæqesta world. I know, I said I would write the short stories following the other Lark's Pearl characters. They are still in the works, but this one is closer to the front of my mind at the moment. Also, I've never hidden the fact that I am a Jo+Laurie shipper. This is your only chance to know about this Spoiler Alert: I write them into a relationship. The main character does have some relation to Elias and Ariabella. I'm just not sure how it ties in yet.

Some info before you begin reading. While this book is a fantasy, I've decided against fantasy-style names for the characters. I have chosen more Victorian/Edwardian names for the characters. It is just easier on the writing process and I won't forget the spelling. These names are not too far off from the original, but they are different enough to give me creative leeway.

I've also decided to have a FULL outline for this book. I was actually telling my sister the other day that 2 of every 10 outlines (however large I make them) will be successful. The other 8 end up being thrown from the window. But I am determined to make it work with this one. The success I had with THE LARK'S PEARL still has me flying in the clouds. I am going to ride this wave until I've reached the shore.

Finally, the title is pending, but I do love the project name I came up for it. (It will be shared at the end of this post.) I didn't think I was going to share anything about this project yet. I wasn't sure I wanted to feel that pressure of "oh great, here I go again; I've started a new project, and yet I still have too many I've not finished." It really is annoying and disappointing to think about.

But I'm working on personal growth and I know these little things happen. I'm doing my best to ignore imposter syndrome, the disappointment of not finishing what I start, and learning to further go with the flow. 

That's all for now. Thank you for being here. Project title is below. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment