Monday 1 June 2020

Writing Updates: TBBW Rewrites!



Mood: Shocked, stunned to silence
Song of the Day: Radioactive, Imagine Dragons
Movies and TV: I watched Upside Down, starring Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst; currently binge-watching 21 Jumpstreet on Vudu

Hey all. Today's post is all about my progress in TBBW rewrites. I want to share plans for new books. Side projects and other fun news. Interested? I should hope so. This is going to be a doozy.

I spent the first couple of weeks of May rewriting Xiphis Saga, Book 1. And by rewrites, I mean I am rewriting what I already have, but from a different POV. If you are new here and haven't been following my journey, my first new project of 2020 was a fantasy-paranormal novel, written in 1st person, following a young woman who learns she is an Elemental and the heir to the throne of a place called Xiphis.

I had the first . . . maybe 7-10 chapters posted to Wattpad, intentionally seeking feedback. I didn't get as much feedback as I had hoped, but there was one person who left a few comments and informed me of the lack of HOOK and how they didn't really feel connected to my main character. I knew I was missing something and was very glad to have someone actually point out what I was hoping to hear. I was already planning to do minor rewrites and thought this was the perfect opportunity to get those done. For a full post on what my rewriting plans have been, see this post HERE.

As of when I am writing this post(May 18th, 2020), my rewrite count is sitting at around 47,000 words. My original word count came to somewhere around 50,000 words. I've actually changed and taken out a few things as I've been rewriting. The POV change has not been too taxing on my mind and my love for the story. The whole reason I am rewriting the POV is to see how it reads and conclude what the final version will be. I won't be making a final decision on this matter until after I've read the entire book again. But I am not planning to read it over again until later this summer.

The day this post is going live is June 1st. My birthday! I don't make a big deal of the event, but I want to do something for myself. What is the something? I have no idea yet. But I have some ideas. One of which would be printing one of my finished books, for myself. Not sure if I will go through with it.

I want to write a new adventure novel. Something along the lines of 21 Jumpstreet and The 10th Kingdom. Captain, Darling is on the back burner at the moment. My brain was focused on POV rewrites and by the time you read this post, I will be on a minor writing break. But speaking of a new project, I have something very special planned. Hints: It involves Patreon. It includes my Xiphis World. More details on this soon.

Do I have any other updates . . . . I don't think so. 
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for dropping by. I hope you're all well. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment