Thursday 16 July 2020

Important Updates I Could Not Ignore


Hello and welcome back to a post of rambles. But today’s post is more of an overall update on my writing, life and other plans. I try very hard to stick to one plan for as long as it is helpful to me. Don’t get your undergarments all twisted in a knot. These updates will be good for me as I further prepare for more amazing writing journeys.

Mood: Cryptic
Song of the Day:
Current TV/Movie Binge: Netflix’s The Order; I am currently in Season 1. Don’t freak out on me! I have also been watching Greta Gerwig’s Little Women a lot over the last month because my sister sent me a copy for my birthday at the start of June.

First on the agenda is my current writing status. I’m not fully participating in CampNaNoWriMo this year. I just have a little too much going on. But I set myself a goal of 10,000 words to keep up a writing habit. This time, last year, I was falling in a pit of Writer’s Block and couldn’t even open my writing files to spark an interest. I hate that feeling of not wanting to write and I never want to feel that way again.
I gave myself a small goal to get a companion story started. I do not have plans to be full-on writing this particular story until I’ve completed a different project. Mainly because it is companion to Book 2 in The Xiphis Saga. It also matches up with Book 3 in some areas. So I want to have the main events done before moving into the parallel events.
No, it does not involve Kalib, but I feel like looking at his face-claim today. I’m trying to figure out getting myself a drawing tablet so I can learn digital art and draw my own are of Kalib and Regina. Which brings me to the next update on my agenda.
I’m outlining The Xiphis Saga Book 2! It’s a process, for sure. Especially when I know I might go back to Book 1 and revise it some more. I keep referring to it, making sure information matches up. I don’t want inconsistencies. Especially with the companion story started. It all leads to the same conclusion and these details need to connect properly.
Life update. I might be moving in August. Its a subject my family talks about a lot. Last year, the same conversation was opened up, but closed when it wasn’t a possibility. This time; however, it is a possibility and my mind has been focused on clearing out unnecessary junk in the closet, as well as working out how I will move/keep all my books. All that stuff. Speaking of moving, this blog is moving.
I told myself I wouldn’t change blog platforms unless it was necessary. It has been three months of me rolling this possibility over in my mind and since I don’t really have my books presented on this blog, as I should, it’s a necessity now. Once the new blog is all set up, I will work on moving my blog posts and plan to announce the blog when it goes live. It might not be for a while because I am still learning my way around and I am still building how my work and brand are presented.
Finally, the best bit. A few months back, I shared a poll and mentioned my plans to print a paperback of my book, whichever selection had the most votes. I shared this poll to many places. Many of the votes were not processed in the poll itself, but in the comments of the post where I shared it. It came to a very close draw between Anerathian Princess and Montgomery. Neither are ready for publication but I definitely want to have them on my shelf in early draft stages. Draft2Digital opened up their print beta to me and I think I am going to use them when I print my first proof copy. When it comes to mass printing, in the future, I might go with Lulu.com just because I know their platform and software best. Plus, it will be easier in mass printing through them rather than anywhere else. Cheaper as well. This brings me to a BONUS UPDATE!
I want to provide signed paperbacks of my books and Lulu.com will help me do that. Because I can print the books and have them shipped to me. Have them in stock and use my NEW BLOG/SITE to create a store and complete orders this way. This all revolves around my future in publishing my books. We’ll see how it all works out.
Do I have anything else to share? *thinks over everything mentioned above* I don’t think so. But in any case, it might be a while before I have more updates to share. Might not even share further updates here until the new blog is live. All a process. A journey I see worth taking. I’ve been trying new things recently and I will talk more about those things soon. For now, I wish you well. I hope this post finds you in good health. See you in the funny papers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment