Saturday 9 May 2020

Writing Update: Another Epiphany!




Mood: Inspired
Song of the Day: Dancer in the Dark, Chase Atlantic

Hallo, my peeps! Have I got some news for you! Granted, its news to me as well. But more of an epiphany. 

In a previous post, I have how TBBW needs A LOT of work done before I can move into Book 2. I won't go into very much detail, because then I would just be relaying the entire post again. I will just mention that my first chapter needs the most work before anything else.

What I want to share today is the fact that I have also decided to re-write the entire novel from a different POV. The Bridge Between Worlds is told in First Person, Past Tense. While I plan to keep the story in Past Tense, I have decided to change it to the Third Person. I just want to see how it reads and see how it feels. 
With the above in mind, it means I will be unpublishing all my currently posted chapters from Wattpad. It is necessary and I feel very good about it. This means re-outlining the novel. Moving stuff around. All that jazz.

I also want to share something I only told one person about. No one has read far enough to meet Kalib and fall in love with him. This is the only annoying bit, but it is an opportunity. I totally have an idea for a short story from his perspective. It wouldn't pertain to the main saga, just a little something extra to give me the satisfaction of hearing what people have to say about him.

I have loads more ideas for the Xiphis world, but I won't be sharing any of that for a while. Especially when I still hope to expand on the Æmienix Chronicles. I recently opened up my outline for the next book, which was originally going to be the prequel to Anerathian Princess, but I changed it. It does still take place before events in the first book, but it's completely stand-alone.

Thank you for dropping in to my little corner. I hope you're doing well. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment