Wednesday 6 May 2020

Writing: Let's talk visual!


Mood:
Song of the Day: Falling, Harry Styles


Hello, my lovely peeps. I thought I would share with you my LOVE for research and VISUAL aids. Because having something to look at while writing, something that inspires the topic, or the character, etc., is so HELPFUL. And every time I glance at the visual, it recharges my motivation to see where the story goes. I am going to share with you many visuals today. I do have Pinterest in the sidebar for The Xiphis Saga, but I thought I would also share the "mood board" image I have from my phone for Regina.


I've mentioned on my Instagram I loosely based some of Regina's character on Yennefer from The Witcher. Only some details are actually similar. The rest is all a mix of me and another character I have. However, I recently started watching Merlin for the first time. Watching Morgana really awakened my admiration for Regina, realizing I unconsciously based Regina's actual appearance on Katie McGrath. With much darker eyes, of course.
The image with purple is the closest to Regina I have seen. I have other visuals I keep on my desktop, but I don't want to share all of them at once. Especially when I want to share Kalib!
So, Kalib is the potential love interest. I reveal this single detail to you: There is no real romance until Book 2. Sorry, not sorry. That's just how it works out at the moment.
Anyway, you might know this handsome face. It certainly took me a while to figure out who he was, but my oh my. Otto Seppalainen is a total hottie. Not to mention his features are EXACTLY how I see Kalib. Down to the shade of his hair. Granted, it's slightly longer in the book, but he does cut it later on. Needless to say, his full lips and mysterious eyes. *sighs*
If you have been following me for a while, you might have noticed a theme in my male characters. They all have some mysterious personality or they tend to keep personal things to themselves. Or they have silver/white hair. Why? Well, in terms of the mysterious personality, my best friend is a mystery and I tend to write him into my books. Almost all of them, but you'll have to figure out which of one and which character he is. Because he's not always cut out of the same mold. *laugh maniacally* 

Well, these are some of my visuals. I hope you enjoyed the trip down fantasy lane with me. I hope you are staying safe and healthy. Stay awesome! See you in the funny papers!


No comments:

Post a Comment