Friday 6 May 2022

From the Writing Cave: Deeper Publishing Discussion | Author, E. S. Elias

 

Hello, readers! As the title of this post indicates, I'm diving deeper into my publishing plans for my short story collection in The Anerathia Chronicles, Tales from Anerathia.

I mentioned in my previous post that my next KDP release will be the complete TALES FROM ANERATHIA SHORT STORY COLLECTION. And a major reason for this is so I can bring readers more from THE ANERATHIA CHRONICLES and helps me get the series moving again.

I posted the book to Wattpad a few years back with 3 of the 10 short stories (not including PRINCE IN DISGUISE as I posted that one separately) and then took the collection down to work on it BTS. This collection is mostly a glimpse at the world of Anerathia and allows me to pursue storylines of secondary/side characters. (Inanis especially ♥) This collection will be available in both eBook and paperback formats. IDK if this means I will unpublish the paperback of PID, but I have considered having the individual short stories available in paperbacks apart from the collection. Someone might like one story over the other and might want a paperback of that story. This is how I think, others might like it too. It also allows me to show off the cover art I have for each story (because yes, I do have cover art for individual paperbacks).

I am hoping this helps me jump back into my rewrites for THE QUEEN'S HOST. Spoiler for fans of the original story: quite a bit is going to change, but for the better. I.E. the multiple POVs (not all of them, just some) will be narrowed down to just Aleia's and the occasion villain chapters. I wish I could show everyone the notebook I have for this book/series. It is chocked full of all my notes and plans. But I can't show anyone, not until I get the book polished up.

I'm feeling nostalgic, so I just might reimagine my old cover art for the new title. I have always been proud of the time and effort I put into making the covers. Anyway, that's all I have for now. If I have anything new regarding my upcoming publication plans, I will make another post. Thank you for joining me. Stay safe, stay awesome! See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment