Thursday 13 February 2020

Writing: Horror Stories and Doctor Who

Hello my peeps! This post is going to be a little short. But I am writing today to tell you about my upcoming horror story. Before I get into that, a minor explanation about today's topic.

I once had an idea for a Doctor Who fan-fiction (crossover with BBC's Sherlock). I did get it started but life took a turn and I ended up putting it on hold. I then joined a writing group that was strictly for Doctor Who and was able to use some of my material for a writing challenge they were doing. Needless to say, I had a chance to show off my creativity and dabbled into some themes I wouldn't normally try. I came up with really awesome flash fiction and LOVED the direction it was taking. I haven't gone back to actually writing a follow-up, but this leads us to what I want to talk about next.

I post some of my work, in form of excerpts, on Inkitt, not just Wattpad. Inkitt is currently having a Horror Writing Contest and I immediately thought of John & Sheryl. These are two characters that I made up for my DW fan-fic idea. The flash fiction I wrote for the DW challenge would go perfect for this contest. I enter contests just to say that I did and to get more readers interested in my writing.

My only issue is that I have to write more to the story I already written. As well as give an origin story, while giving it my originality and taking it away from the Doctor Who theme. With all this in mind, I have spent the last four days working to make this possible. I have given myself a deadline within the contest's deadline. I have made up a small outline to get the story where the current plot ends up. And I have outlined an origin story. It will be short and quick so that I can jump right into the first adventure.

If you would like to get a glimpse of more details, CLICK HERE!

That is all I have for now. I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment