Thursday 25 November 2021

From the Writing Cave: Current Events & Projects | Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Hello, readers! Today I wanted to share what is going on in the Writing Cave. But a little preface to this post before we dive in. It has been a rough time since my last update. I've been participating in NaNoWriMo 2021, and my first two weeks went really well. Fell behind during Week 3 and now I am basically scrambling to catch up. However, I got so much writing done this month. So much more than I had expected and I am very pleased with myself.

The book I have been working on for NaNo is TBotB. Yes, I am referring to the second book in The Xiphis Saga. I am still using the working title for all the books until I complete the series. Which, I have gathered, maybe a lot quicker than I originally thought. The Xiphis Saga might be 2 books, and not 3. And that is okay.

I can definitely tell Regina's story in two books. I came to this realization during Thanksgiving morning. I was trying to get some word count in before guests arrived and it hit me. My AHA MOMENT.

I have unconsciously been folding my Book3 outline into my Book2 plans. And it all fits amazingly. It is cohesive and smooth, and I feel the endgame approaching. This is such a euphoric moment for me. I mean, I am so pleased to know that I will finish this series. It will be finished and I can move forward with my spin-offs and sequel(s).

This is all I wanted to say. Thank you for joining me and I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your families, your friends. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment