Tuesday 7 September 2021

From the Writing Cave: The Xiphis Saga New Titles Reveal!

 

Hello, readers! I am so excited to finally share the new titles for the books in my fantasy trilogy, The Xiphis Saga! (Cover design will be shared at a later date as I am not done with them.) But before we get to that, a little back story and explanation regarding my decision to make this change.

When I first planned this series, I knew there was a possibility the title(s) would change. I am very happy with the series title, and I have the intention to change it. Additionally, I was planning to have four books in this series, but the book I cut out became irrelevant and had nothing to offer readers in the long run.

During the early months of 2020, despite the earthquakes and the start of an epidemic, I spent all my time focus on the first book. When May came around, I did a full POV re-write. I tried getting beta-readers in the midst of this, and one person gave me the most help out of every person who read the book. By mid-July, I felt the book was at a good enough place for me to enter the Wattys. I also broke the ice between me and ordering a physical copy of my book. It was something I'd always wanted to do and I was tired of waiting.

By December, I had fully planned out a sequel series (more on this another time), three companion stories, and the goal was to write all of it within three years. Whether this goal remains cemented or not, I'm not certain at this moment.

What I am certain of is this: The Xiphis Saga is my favorite of all my books/series right now. I feel I can say that about this series. It might change in the future, but this is where I'm at right now.

And without further adieu, the new title!


.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

So, what do you think? I'm not sure I am sold on the font, but the bright color works for me.

But what about the old covers and titles? I plan to have a full page dedicated to the old titles and cover art. I just made the changes to my book showcase (my author website). If you click HERE, you will find that I did fix the page to have only the three books and not all the different cover art. There will be a secret page for those.

Thank you for joining me today. Keep your eye open for my next post as it pertains to some of my other projects! Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment