Wednesday 2 October 2024

Let Me Tell You About "The Lark Prince" | Author, E. S. Elias

 

Hello, readers! I already touched this subject in a previous update, but today I am taking you deeper. I want to talk to y’all about my new novella, THE LARK PRINCE.

Yes, you read that correctly: NOVELLA. It was supposed to only be a very short bonus story that I would include in a special edition hardback of my novella, THE LARK’S PEARL, when I finally published it. But more on that another time. Let’s talk about Elias, The Lark Prince.

One of the reasons I originally planned this story was to fill in some gaps I had when I finished THE LARK'S PEARL.

September started great when I felt strong inspiration to work on Elias' story. It honestly came from nowhere because I had other intentions for the month. *whispers* I wanted to work on my sci-fi project.

I welcomed the inspiration because writing anything is an amazing feeling. Especially since I'd taken a bit of long a break over the summer. Then there was a two week gap where I didn't write at all, because I was very sick. But then I caught up so fast.

I had a goal of 10,000-ish words. This story was intended to be short; just some bonus chapters for THE LARK'S PEARL, from Prince Elias's POV. However, as I was writing, and reached my goal, passing it by 2,000+ words without a sense of it ending, I kept going. And going. Until I finally reached and ending the story deserved, with a word count of 23,637 words... Yeah, it became its own novella.

Yes, I am very shocked with the results, but I am also every so pleased! This counts as my second novella this year! Third story finished, if we count the mini contest I entered back in May.

And as of September 28th, 2024, I have typed "THE END". Yes, I have written a 20k+ word novella in under 30 days.

At the time of writing this post, I am posting the story to Inkitt, waiting for the Fantasy Worlds: Beyond Imagination contest to close. It is not behind a paywall, but I will be changing that after the contest has concluded. And I am considering the possibility of publishing the story to Kindle Vella. Which would mean temporarily removing it from Inkitt.

Hopefully, by the time this update is live on my blog, I will have finished formatting the paperback so I can have it printed! Though I would much prefer to wait until after I finish my rewrite edit of THE LARK'S PEARL, because then I can get them together.

Anyway, that's my news. I will be sharing more details about my publishing goals in another post. But for right now, stay safe; stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment